What is it?
As the name suggests, 24 hour blood pressure monitoring records a patient’s blood pressure over a 24 hour period.
For any patient enquiries please speak to your specialist or contact MCDC by calling us on (03) 9802 9250.
What to bring
- Request form
Any concession cards including Medicare and private heath fund cards
All current medication in its original packaging
- A bath or shower the morning of the appointment is advised as you will be unable to do so for 24 hours
- Wear trousers/skirt and short, wide sleeve shirt
- You will be wearing a small recorder (about the size of a cigarette lighter) either on a strap around your waist or over your shoulder
- The recorder wraps around your arm, similar to having your blood pressure checked
- The recorder is programmed to check blood pressure every 15 minutes until 11pm, then it will turn off for 2 hours, recommence at 1am and then check every hour until the device is removed
- DO NOT get monitor wet (i.e., no swimming or showering) NOR use an electric blanket or magnetic underlay
Please allow three working days for results to be recorded before making a follow up appointment with the referring doctor. Please notify the technician if you have an appointment within three days following procedure. A cardiologist will complete the report.